Terms & Conditions
The Go the Distance Challenge (“Event”) is an initiative of the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse (“Lifehouse”) to raise funds to support research and support programs for patients with cancer at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
The Event opens on 15 June 2023 and ends on 31 August 2023 (“Competition Period”).
By registering for the Event, the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Event for yourself and/or your participants.
- Any content you post to the website (photos, videos, messages, written content) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who feature in the content).
- Chris O'Brien Lifehouse retains the right to delete any content posted, at its discretion.
- You acknowledge that Chris O'Brien Lifehouse reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Event at any time.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds for Chris O'Brien Lifehouse.
- All fundraising conducted for this Event comes under Lifehouse’s authority to fundraise in the respective State or Territory in Australia and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation.
- Lifehouse can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact Lifehouse via email@example.com
- Lifehouse respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- Lifehouse will collect your personal information and any other information you may provide voluntarily so that we can:
- administer and conduct the Event;
- keep you informed about Lifehouse’s ongoing work, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- Lifehouse may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Event, including in the Leader boards and/or on the Event website.
- You must be registered to the Go the Distance Challenge to be eligible for any prizes.
- The first 350 completed registrations made before July 31 will receive a Go The Distance early bird pack- drawstring bag, GTD22 cap and drink bottle
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive the following prizes:
- The first 100 registrations will receive an early bird pack- drawstring bag, GTD22 cap and drink bottle
- Raise $100 – receive a limited edition Go the Distance t-shirt (limited to the first 250 who reach this milestone and provide an address).
- Raise $500 – receive a limited edition Go The Distance cap (limited to the first 250 who reach this milestone and provide an address).
- Pledge to raise $1000 and on reaching that goal receive a Go Further Club hoodie and one entry into the prize draw for a mid-week stay at Lilypad at Palm Beach.
(includes one night accommodation in a one bedroom floating villa. Includes food and beverage pack. T & Cs to be confirmed)
- Other prizes TBC.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other products.
- To enter, entrants must register to participate and give/receive a donation or donations of 1 or more during the competition period.
- Only one (1) entry to the draw is permitted per registered participant.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Lifehouse accepts no responsibility whatsoever or howsoever occurring, for any loss, damage, or injury occasioned during participation of the Event, travel to or from the Event, or in connection with taking up any of the prizes.
- Lifehouse accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
- Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
Go the Distance Trade Promotion (TP/01157)
- Lifehouse takes no liability for any tax consequences that may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure they make use of the prize voucher before it expires. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of supply to prize winners.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Lifehouse (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and participation in the Event.
- Lifehouse assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Lifehouse which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Lifehouse reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. subject to State regulations.
- The promoter is Chris O’Brien Lifehouse of 119-143 Missenden Road, Camperdown NSW 2050 (ABN 70 388 962 804). Lifehouse phone: (02) 8514 0000.
AUTHORITY TO FUNDRAISE
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered Go the Distance participant authority to fundraise in support of the work of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse for the following fundraising event:
Event: Go the Distance
Competition Period (Date of Event): 15 June 2023 – 31 August 2023
Dates of fundraising authority: 15 June 2023 – 31 August 2023
Thank you for having a go and helping change the lives of those affected by cancer. As we strive to shorten the path from discovery to impact with our research, the funds you raise will enable us to reach more patients.
Whether you choose to walk, run, cycle or swim, every kilometre you achieve will help us reach our goal to raise vital funds for patients with cancer at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, providing them with access to the highest level of patient care. The funds and awareness you raise are invaluable.
Thank you again for making a difference.